I tested this with multiple torrents, some of them having 23,000 seeds. Transmission has been consistantly decent. The Slackware test torrent I had sitting there for the last few days suddenly connected to some peers and commenced downloading. You are left with your router or Comcast as possible causes. However some Antiviruses such as Norton do not allow such permissions. When I set that to a new value, it raised my half-open connections. I'm using an Asus laptop, Windows 8.
I saved links to another folder and that's when I noticed torrents connecting properly again. Just as stated in another post, out of the blue my torrents stopped downloading. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Torrenting for purely legal purposes of course. There is, yes - but as far as I can tell everything is okay. I've used mutliple different torrents many with 1000+ seeders. If I use my cell phone as a connection, it works fine instantly.
What have you set for your default max upload slots per torrent? BitTorrent Clients such as uTorrent or Vuze are very helpful to download and share files among Internet users as far as the files are legal of course. So just try to find out the real cause or just follow these solutions until the error is fixed. After restarting Bittorrent you will have a fresh set of settings, so change them to what you need and reload the list of torrents that you saved. Your speed is pretty normal as well, it should increase as you go along. Its not windows firewall as i have allowed bittorrent there, when i have tried to run a bandwith test in Bittorrent it says 'Connection failed error. With utorrent you said you can get full speed, did you try that same port using deluge? No error messages from the tracker it is a private tracker, but I am a member.
As the time passes by, the Seeds decrease and the Torrent file becomes dead and impossible to download especially with 0 seeds. I run the utorrent setup guide and it goes fine. Save all your ongoing downloads, remember all the relevant settings - like download folder -, stop Bittorrent, go to your user's Application Data folder and remove the settings. I have not had any problems with any other games. Hopefully this is the last time the problem appears. I run into those issues every now and then and still can't figure out why.
I've also been getting this problem as well. I'm on Vista, with half open connections set at 4 and I can get maximum speed through my connection. I had a hunch it was Sprint blocking as no peers can be located and the Update Servers can't be found either. I never had these issues since. I installed the bittorrent apkg and rebooted several times. Utorrent downloading is based on Peers to Peers connection downloading files from other computers.
An aggressive solution is to remove all of your torrents and readd them later. Not great, but it was seeding there. I have the same symptoms as above. At times it doesn't work and it's irritating. Don't know if any other clients do it, though.
Today I reistalled Windows 7 and installed nothing else. This is strange, since the value was 15 for years, I think. And it dawned on me that it could be from there. I'm hoping this sub might have these elusive answers. Regardless of the program I tried, none of them worked. I use Shad0w's client and I can say that it limits your incoming to be no more than your outgoing, however. Just yesterday bittorrent stopped connecting to peers altogether.
Just yesterday I noticed my torrents were stuck at 0 progress and not connected to any peers whatsoever. I even started in Safe Mode and it still would not work. I have been torrenting for years and this one has stumped me. I know 2 programs that can change this value in windows. I tried uTorrent to compare and found that in uTorrent for the exact same download I would have seeders however when using Bit Torrent there would be apparently no seeders and only 2 peers.
Also the generically states that bt clients play tit-for-tat games. I just started having this issue and came across this post through a google search. The situation is still foggy even on official forums. I had Transmission running for as long as 10 hours and no success. I also use Sprint and haven't been able to download for nearly 3 weeks. Now for the original post: Update again : While resetting the settings did solve my problem temporarily, I had the same problem the next day as well. Update: The enthusiasm I had after making some of the torrents work faded when I noticed most of the other torrents were still not working.
You can play with the upload slots once a torrent has started by going into info tab for that torrent, but when you make a change give it a few minutes at least to gauge any effect. Please explain to me in detail. I'm completely stumped why the existing torrent is working fine, but no new ones seem to. Just checked on another laptop which still has bittorrent 7. I haven't used in in maybe a month, so I'm not sure what happened.